Tuesday, October 15, 2013

SCANNING

  As I type on one computer, I'm sitting in front of another.  The screen tells me a program is doing a "Full System Scan."  I put it more prosaically.  "I'm trying to figure out why the achin' thing runs so slow.  
The screen tells me that Norton (Is he related to the character on the Honey Mooners?  I hope not.) has found and fixed  13 "risks."  I hope one of them is the fix.
 
About any computer savvy person will tell you thatregularly--probably more regular than I do--scanning a machine is a good practice.  Identify those nasty bugs, broken strands of data, and mal-ware before they gum everything up and cause the apparatus to be nothing more than a box that hums. 
 
Long before Norton or Gates, or any other geek, David knew the value of a thorough scan.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life." (Psalm 
                                                          139:23-24, NLT)  

 
I invite you to join me in praying the ancient words of the Psalmist.  
 
It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment