Sunday, January 14, 2018

A False Alarm and a Real Lesson


"Where could I

turn but to

the Lord?"

My friend, Liann Stae, lives in Hawaii. She gave me permission to share her thoughts about this morning's false alarm, warning of missile attack.

It’s amazing how God is speaking to me this morning. Hawaii awoke to 
very alarming news. The official warning was that a bomb was heading our way...many people panicked, even stores were getting ready to close, and some did CLOSE as soon as they heard the news. To many, including me, it all seemed real...
That is exactly how real Gods calling is for us all.
I opened up my phone to do my daily devotion, and the first thing that came up was this verse from Ephesians 5:14 which states, “...Awake O Sleeper and rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”
This verse sounds so much, like when Jesus told Lazarus to rise, and Lazarus obeyed the command and walked out of his tomb.
Are we seeing our calling from Christ, to be as real as the frightened Hawaiians saw the threat of a nuclear attack, which turned out to be a mistake by the 
way. Thank the Lord! Because for sure, we were not all ready at all for this. Question is, are we gonna OBEY God’s calling? And do what wakeful people do in the face of danger? This is an awakening for many and a reminder to others...JESUS thank you for this reminder! 

If I had been in Hawaii, I would have sought to get my family to safety and would have done everything I could to see that neighbors and loved ones would have a chance to survive the disaster that appeared to be coming from the sky. I claim to believe in the reality of heaven, hell, and eternity. I believe that Jesus deserves to be worshipped in every nation and language on earth. Am I willing to give that reality the priority it deserves in my life?

Thanks, Liann for giving us . . .

STTA (Something To Think About).


Liann is a 2017 graduate of  Pacific Islands University, where Kathy and I are privileged to serve. She works as a teacher's aide in Hawaii, and was just accepted into a Masters in Counseling program at Liberty University. If you'd like to find out you can help give a good, Biblically based education to more people like Liann, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment