Thursday, August 26, 2010

My mother-in-law was a lady who not only knew her Bible well, but expected others to know it too. She would often make points in conversation by referring to incidents or people in Bible stories. I remember her referring more than once to someone who supports one of God's servants as being Aaron or Hur. If you know the story it makes perfect sense. Mom would want you to read it for yourself, so I'll just give you the reference, Exodus 17.
Today, it was my privilege, several times, to fill that wonderful role. When we invest ourselves in those who are doing the work of God, we are helping to get God's work done. Even though Aaron and Hur were men, my Mother-in-law was certainly one of them (maybe both!) to me. In many ways I am who I am, doing what I'm doing because of her.

It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment