Monday, January 31, 2011

It is not only in Cairo:

I can't say that I blame them--Americans I see camped out in Cairo's airport trying to get out. Questions abound: What happened, what's happening, and, more than anything else, what will happen next? I don't think anyone knows, but it is clear that it is a dangerous situation. We can be sure that people with destructive agendas are hoping to take advantage of the chaos.

What we see coming out of Egypt is not unique to that ancient land. What is happening there is the current demonstration of a syndrome that has been seen many times. Ours is a world full of conflict. Without taking sides in the conflict, I'll simply say that the problem is one of sin. Leaders, as well as those led, are filled with the kinds of tendencies that cause kindergarten teachers to write, "Doesn't play well with others." on youngsters' progress reports.

So, if this is a universal concept where do we go to get in line to escape?

Interestingly, just before the Lord Jesus Christ went to the cross, He told His followers--by extension, me--that He was leaving them in this world. Though we are not "of" this world--it is not my source of meaning, purpose, and agenda--we are in it.

But, listen to this. "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment