Wednesday, August 17, 2011

FAMILY"

Family:

My family is spread out. As the next generation gets older and moves out--something that will begin to happen shortly--it will, likely, be even more multi-sited. So, it was a great privilege to be with my two sons and their families and most of my wife's family over the past couple of weeks.
I am an incredibly blessed man. My sons and daughters-in-law are involved in significant ministry in churches that are making a difference in their communities and beyond. All of my siblings and my brothers, and sisters-in-law love the Lord. and are serving Him. I see great promise in the next generation.
When I ask myself why I am so privileged, I am quickly driven to the reality of God's goodness. Knowing, though, that God often works through human instuments, I am reminded of faithful parents, my father-in-law who began a spiritual stream sixty-plus years ago when he turned to Jesus Christ, of my grandmother who faithfully raised three boys by herself during the depression, and countless others who have gone before me. I want to leave something behind that will be there long after I'm gone. I am the ancestor of someone great that I will never meet. I enjoy my family. I want to live so that even my family that will be born after I'm gone will appreciate me.

Family, it's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment