Thursday, January 30, 2014

Working God's Stuff In:

SOMETHING 
TO THINK ABOUT

We are talking about God's will in our Sunday Morning Services at Covington Bible Church.  
Lord, what is it that You want me to do?
That sounds like a good question--something that everyone ought to ask--but I fear some of us ask the question with less than sterling motives.  OK, I'll be honest.  I sometimes ask that question, like a teenager who has been told that he has to clean his room before he can go hang out with his friends.  "What do you want me to do?"  Really means, "What is the least I can get by with?"
I want God to give me a list of six things to do today.  That way I can work my six "God-things" in with all the "My-things," and I'll be happy and God will be pleased and all the universe will be as it should be, or so I think.  
The fact is, I don't think God is interested in giving three, six, or even a dozen things to do today.  Rather I think He is saying to me:
"I know exactly what I have for you today.  Come and walk with me and we'll get it done."
"But Lord, if I do that, I won't have any time for my stuff."
"Son, I know what you need.  I'll make sure that is part of what we do today."
"So, Lord, You want me to . . ."
"What I want from you, child, is to trust Me."

More Sunday morning from Pastor Doug Williams.

It's STTA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment