Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Life Is Out Of Control . . .

Something
To
Think
About,

Control



There are times when I simply can't deny that my life is out of control, my control, that is.

At any given time, all the time, my plans, well-laid or frivolous, can be interrupted, discarded, and/or shreded, and there is nothing I can do about it.
My world is full of bad news from the doctor, identity theft, car-wrecks, down-sizing, out-sourcing, discrimination, and numerous other evils that bring forth an "Oh, no!" response.
One of the arrogant assumptions that came out of modernism is that given enough resources, thought, and planning, we can fix anything.  I'm wonderfully glad for the technology that shields me from many of life's unpleasant realities.  When it is cold, my house is warm, when it is hot, I remain cool.  Many of the health scourges of the past have 
been all but eliminated, by medicine and sanitation.  Distances are shrunk by modern transportation and communication.  I need to remember, though, that just because I exercise a measure of control in my life, that does not mean that I can always . . . and even if there are some things I can manipulate, that doesn't mean that all things come under my control.  Finally, since events are interrelated, if I can't control everything, all the time, then I really can't control anything.  
WARNING!
CONTROL FREAKS, breath deeply. 
Really, though, the fact that my life is out of control propels me in a profitable direction.  Realizing that I can't control critical factors in my life I can be compelled to despair or follow the example of the Prodigal Son, living high until I land in the hog pen.  I chose neither.  Rather I trust the One Who does control all.  
So, bottom-line:  My life is not out of control.  It's in God's hands.

It's Something to Think About.

 Click here to find out how you can have this kind of relationship with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment