Friday, February 12, 2016

Roll on, truth!

Something
To Think About
Reproduction:


 A song that got totally worn out a couple of decades ago talked about fire that started with a spark—that’s all it takes.  You can thank me later for not having the song playing as you read.  As glad as I am that the song has seen its day, I am very pleased that the concept is alive and well.
The Great Commission, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19–20, NASB95) includes a recycling concept.  If each spiritual generation teaches the next to “observe all that [Jesus] commanded,” that would include this command, so like a great wheel it will roll on and on.  The Apostle Paul clearly had the concept:  “The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” (2 Timothy 2:2, NASB95)
I just saw it in action a few hours ago.
Roll on!


It’s STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment