Monday, May 23, 2016

Passing Blessings On

Something to Think About
Passing Blessings Along:

My wife reminded me that I needed to send a thank you note to a friend who had gone above and beyond in reaching out to us with kindness.  I did.  My friend wrote back and characterized what he had done as extending "the blessings God provided us."
My friend spoke with a humility that is typical of him.  One is blessed so that they will be able to bless others.  Clearly that is what we ought to do.
Another friend of mine regularly reminds me of the benefits of recycling.  Later today I'll check on some used lumber that I hope will work for a project I'm building.  Other friends of mine enjoy old cars, old furniture, and other objects that worth preserving, restoring, and passing on.  Blessings shouldn't stop; they should be used again and again.  Our lives should be channels, not reservoirs.  To use a term that Hollywood made famous a few years ago, we should "pay it forward."
I hope you'll join me in looking for opportunities to follow my friend's example and extend the blessings.


It’s STTA.

Read here to find out about the greatest blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment