Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The First Time, a second view:

Something to Think About
First Times, the second time:

A bit of balance about first times.
Two statements that stick in my mind:
My pastor when I was growing up, who later became my Father-in-law, used to speak about folk still being "forked end down."  By that he meant they weren't dead yet.
One of the hardest working people I ever knew, a business woman who was a charter member of the church I pastored, used to say, "You can't begin any sooner than right now."
I put both of those together to make an "X," as in "X marks the spot."  If you are still forked end down then you still have opportunities.  You can mourn about all the chances to make a difference youmissed, or you can survey the ways you can move the needle in the right direction right now, and step up.  You'll never begin any sooner.
Get busy.


It’s STTA.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Howard, I needed this message today. I've been thinking quite a bit about lost opportunities and that maybe it's too late to really make any kind of difference. I'll be thinking it over for some time to come I'm sre.

    ReplyDelete