Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Boy, That's An Ugly Tree!

 


Just A Really Ugly Tree:

 

Is there a contest for ugly trees?  I know there is one for uglydogs.  If there is a hideous topiary award I think I might win.  It took me about two days to make this tree this ugly.  It was too big.  It's close to the house and garage so some chaos-metics were in order.  It is hard work to make a tree this ugly.  Dangerous too.  My task involved ladders, rope, saws of various descriptions, including one on a twelve foot pole, a truck, and a come-along.
I kinda figured that since I spent all this time and effort making this box elder this unattractive that I ought to come up with something really profound to say about it.
Alas, I'm all out of profundity.  Maybe it's because I'm tired.  So, I'll just say, I'm thankful that I didn't fall or lose a finger.  No limbs--either mine or the tree's fell on my house.  The job is done.  I'm hopeful that spring will bring green that will cover the wooden scars.  That's about it.  So from beside the fire--thank you tree--under the Alleghany Highland's sorriest looking tree, that's Something to think about.


It's STTA.

Click here, to find out about what Christ has done for our world.   

1 comment:

  1. My friend, Kim Jones is profound:
    "And I thought you were going to say something about when the Lord prunes us it might be ugly for the present but the results in the end are better....or it might lead to death if we don't heed the pruning. Maybe tomorrow....for now rest knowing no one was injured in the making of this STTA!"

    ReplyDelete