Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A Phone Call from Epaphroditus:

We could use

more

Epaphrodites.


Read on. You'll find out that's good thing.


I have always admired Epaphroditus. We know almost nothing about him. When Paul was in prison in Rome Epaphroditus took a gift from the church in Philippi (Greece) to the Apostle, and then stayed to help the man of God--kind of a human gift. While he was there he became ill, so sick that Paul feared that his friend with the servant heart would die. As if all of that isn't enough, let me tell you why I really like this guy. Epaphroditus was not concerned because of his sickness. He was concerned because he had heard that his friends back in Greece had heard he was sick, and he knew that would weigh heavy on their hearts.
You can read about it in Philippians 2.
He just called me. Not the real Epaphroditus. I'll have to wait for heaven to meet him. The guy on the phone, though, was acting so much like the little-known Bible character that as soon as we hung up, I started writing this. There's no need to go into details. Just know that the reason my friend called is because he wondered if an action--one most of us would take for granted--might have negative impact on others. 

 
Lord, we need some more Epaphrodites.
May I be one, and
use me to encourage others to put others first.
Amen.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment