Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Expectations #3


Expecting

something I can't

do anything about

or that I can't

trust someone

else to care for is

just trusting in

luck. 




 



 
"I expect you to . . ."
"I'm expecting nice weather for the picnic six months from now."
"I expect to succeed in my quest to win the lottery."
All of these are dangerous expectations. Expectations that are related to hard work that we do to bring those expectations to reality, can be powerful motivators. When we trust someone and know that they are willing and capable of bringing what we are expecting to reality, we can lay claim to a peace that eludes those who have no anchor of hope in the future. Saying that we expect that which we can't control, and concerning which we have no dependable promise, can lead to great, even catastrophic disappointment.
One can draw beautiful plans for castles built on clouds, but when one tries to lay a foundation on vapor, expectations, no matter how tightly held, or strongly believed in will not support an edifice of reality.

Expect what you have a right to expect.

It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment