Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A MARTHA OR A MARY CHRISTMAS:

It wasn't Christmas, the holiday hadn't been invented yet, but Jesus came to the house of some friends, Martha, Mary, and Lazarus. So, I guess we could say, it was Christmas for them.
It won't surprise you ladies to find out that Brother Lazarus didn't figure in the domestic equation at all.
The way these two ladies of the house chose to entertain the Lord gives us a powerful example of how we can have a better Christmas this year. 
"Martha welcomed [Jesus] into her home. She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord's feet, listening to His word. But Martha was distracted with all her preparations . . . and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me." (Luke 10:38-40)
Whenever I teach from this story, I always find ladies sympathizing with Martha, but let me ask a simple question. "Will you be so busy doing things to supposedly celebrate Christ's coming that you will never get around to enjoying Christ? Will yours be Martha or a Mary Christmas?" Don't let the pressure of the season distract you from the Reason for the Season.
It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment