Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Marketers Are After Our Christmas Money:


OK, the shopping areas in my little community don't quite look like the picture above, but I just received an email indicating that they are after my Christmas-shopping dollars. I hope my neighbors are able to keep more of our money at home, but this isn't a "Shop-at-home" ad.Really, I'm hoping that God's people will evaluate the whole Christmas = spending a great deal of money + investing enormous amounts of time, yielding dividends that seldom last beyond December 26. This Sunday I'll be doing what has become an annual tradition here at CBC. In the past we have asked "Will Yours Be A Mary or Martha Christmas?" based on the way the two sisters entertained the Lord in Luke 10:38-42. Instead of longing for a "White Christmas" (the chances of that happening here in the Alleghany Highlands are less than 1 in 5) I have encouraged folk to be "Dreaming of a Sane Christmas." This Sunday we'll consider Doing Christmas Without It Doing Us In. If you are close enough, I'd love for you to join us. I'll try to get an audio file posted so you can listen to it if you are unable. At any rate, I hope you will do Christmas God's way, so doing it the world's way won't do you in. It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment