Monday, October 11, 2010

Nothing is done until its done, and the real result of our life will not be clear until we stand before the Lord; still I was encouraged by a preliminary evaluation I received yesterday.

It was my privilege, yesterday, to team up with Joshua, as, together, we pointed out the indisputable logic and moral-mandate for fearing and serving the God of the Bible. Joshua 24 includes that powerful statement, uttered by the patriarch, that one often reads on plaques in Christian homes--"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." I didn't know it at the time, but about when I was finishing up the message here in Covington, my two sons, in Louisiana and Texas, were beginning sermons, sharing the word of God with folk in their places. My younger son is a pastor, but does not preach on a weekly basis. Yesterday he spoke at Two Rivers Bible Church. My older son spends his days, or in his case nights, helping to prepare Sunday dinner, rather than Sunday sermons--he manages a poultry plant--but yesterday he filled the pulpit at Lighthouse Baptist Church.
Last evening I spoke with my eldest grandchild. It was encouraging and convicting to hear him share his passion to live for the Lord at school and everywhere. He is a drummer. He spoke of the honor of playing music for Jesus.
We aren't done yet, but with more confidence than before, I can quote Joshua, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment