Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Learned It In Romper Room:

Romper Room was an incredibly low-tech, very pre-politically-correct TV show for children--Sesame Street minus the Jim Henson Muppets and without the computer generated graphics. In other words it was really BORING. I think it was kind of a franchise show. Local TV stations all over the country would bring a group of kids and kindly teacher to a studio and broadcast what amounted to a kindergarten, or pre-kindergarten class.
I still remember from the few times I watched it (I found it boring even in my pre-wired state.) how before snack time the teacher would get the kids to bow their heads and they would recite,
God is good, God is great. Let us thank Him for our food."
I don't remember if they said, "Amen." or not. Looking back now, that simple prayer is a sign of how far our culture has come. You supply the direction.

Is God good?
Is God great?
Is He worthy of our Thanks?

I proclaim that He is. If you have time between the turkey and the football I encourage you to consider Psalm 107 & 73. You might also be interested in some thoughts I jotted down earlier today about hauling water.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving. Know that I am thankful for each of you who take the time to read these rambling thoughts of mine.

It's STTA

No comments:

Post a Comment