Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It is Simple:

I try to read things that challenge my mind. I enjoy talking to people who make me think. At this point in life, I find myself scanning articles or blogs and saying, "This is old stuff--material I've already thought about--I don't need to read this." When my intention is to use my time more wisely--trying to stay on the growing edge--that is sound analysis. The problem is when my filtering becomes snooty, elite, "I'm beyond all that." As if everything important is on an upper intellectual shelf.
Last night I was reminded about the wonder of seeing things through simpler eyes.
Regular readers of STTA, know that CBC recently presented a live nativity to our community. I've been posting pictures from the program in these emails. We really try to make the scenes and the narration represent the truth put forth in Scripture. Maybe it's because I have been involved in the program for years, but my thoughts about our presentation are mostly analytical. "This would be better if . . ." or, "That isn't quite accurate." etc.
My friend's comment was something like, "When I saw the donkey, and the sheep [Actually it was a goat, but there I go being all analytical.] it helped me see that Jesus coming was real."
We need more of that refreshing bottom-shelf, basic reality kind of thinking.
To paraphrase a famous Christmas story, Yes, Virginia, The Son of God really did become man.

Find out more about what it means to you here.

It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment