Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Power of the Willing:

A friend of mine often comments that there is a lot to be said for those who simply show up. I'm not denying that finding the right person for the right position is very valuable. I was reminded last night that most of what gets done in God's kingdom is not accomplished by folk carefully matched with the positions in which they work most effectively. It get's done by those who show up.
It's trite, but true. The best ability is availability.
I've found over the years that if we are willing, God makes the way for us get into doing what we do best. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6) Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take." (Proverbs 3:5-6, NLT) The picture is that the Lord himself is out in front preparing the way for us.

People ask, "What should I do to serve the Lord? How can I make a difference?"

Just show up. The Lord will make sure there is a path you can follow.
Lord, help me remember that worry is always uncalled for.


It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment