Monday, April 30, 2012

As if it weren't kewl enough that I'm the husband of a princess, I am a son of the King!


I am the husband of a Daughter of the King.  Wow!

I could fill up my space on this cyber-page telling lot's of good things about my lovely wife, but that is not my purpose.  I am very proud of her.  She is a beautiful, capable, dedicated lady who is a blessing to many--I get to be at the head of that line!

Kathy and some other wonderful women have been planning an event for ladies that takes place later this week.  About a hundred women and girls will gather for an evening of encouragment, challenge and fun.  Hey, I know the meal will be great; I'm helping to prepare it, but talking about the event the ladies have planned is not my purpose either.

I just like the name the ladies chose for their evening out.  It's aPsalm-like title. 
Consider this from Psalm 36:6, "Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; Your judgments are like a great deep."  or from Psalm 48:1, "Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised."  Or, "You visit the earth and cause it to overflow; You greatly enrich it."  (Psalm 65:9)  Or how can you miss this:  "For You are great and do wondrous deeds; You alone are God."
David and the other Psalm-writers extol God's greatness, goodness, mercy, power, wrath against evil, love, wisdom and so much more.  And . . .

This is where I see the similarity to the name the ladies have chosen for their get-together.  Running through these Psalms and many other scripture passages is this subscript.  "He is my God!  All you worshippers of Baal, Ashtaroth, the hosts of heaven, and all the other gods who are no gods at all, take note; this is the true GOD, and I am His."  If such a combination of words is possible, it is a sanctified pride.

Thank you, Kathy, and all the other ladies who are planning this event.  It hasn't even taken place yet, and--other than as unhired help--I won't get to attend, but the evening has already ministered to me.  Just the name of the event reminds me that I am a son of the King!  The real Lord of all that is. 

"For the LORD is a great God And a great King above all gods "  (Psalm 95:3) And He has a boy named Howard.

Here is a messagefrom one of my brothers, another son of the King, who spends a few minutes bragging on Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment