Friday, April 27, 2012

Leverage

Financial gurus often speak of "leverage."  About the only thing I know about finances is that I don't know very much, but, as I understand it, leverage has to do with an individual investing a relatively small amount of his money, combining it with a great deal of the investment of others, and reaping a result that is far greater than would otherwise be gained on the basis of the small personal investment.  I don't have any experience with that in the fiscal realm, but I have seen it work spiritually.
When I invest in the lives of others my efforts are leveraged to produce far, FAR greater results than my meager resources would ever be able to accomplish.

     
  • I'm not the smartest guy around, but God has given me the opportunity to invest in some some really sharp folk.
  • My business ventures consist mainly of others giving me the business, but there are businesses that are guided, in part, by the influence the Lord has enabled me to have.
  • I already mentioned my financial limitations.  Yet there are others who speak amortization without being mortified, with whom the Lord has given me the privilege of working.
Leverage--having an impact bigger than, longer lasting than, and far more impressive than anything I, with my limited resources, could accomplish.  Long before the "How-to-Get-Rich-with-the-Change-in-Your-Pocket" books were written, THE BOOK talked about this maximization of impact, not by investing the resources of others, but by investing in others.  Go out there and encourage, teach, counsel, or come along side one to invest in them.
Leverage your efforts for the glory of God.

It's STTA

No comments:

Post a Comment