Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Security?

 

Something
To
Think
About,
Security,

5/21

I live a really secure life.
At least I think so.
I went to bed last night without a worry that I'd be killed during the night.  I'll drive my car today, and, while I will take precautions like wearing my seat-belt, I'll do so without a great deal of angst.  Each month when I get paid I leave my money with a group of people, some of whom are utter strangers.
I hope to get back to riding my bike.  Every time a vehicle passes me I trust the driver to not be a sadistic killer--a twitch on the steering wheel could take me out.
Either my life is secure, or I am a real fool!
Many--perhaps most--people in the world have no such security, either real or imagined.  I remember visiting my son when he lived in Asia.  One of the things that impressed me was the massive doors on the apartments.  Many were steel, and most had more than one massive, impressive locks.  Clearly they were not there to be decorative.  I've been to Latin America several times.  Bars on windows, and walls, topped with razor wire, around people's property is common.  Often big dogs with big teeth growl threateningly on the other side.  What I take for granted is a daily DIY project many places.
The fact is I'm not secure.  Neither are my friends who live behind bank-vault doors, and prison-like walls. Neither my complacency nor their vigilance will get the job done.  Check the news.
Security can only be provided by someone who is all powerful, all knowing, and who is never absent.
Know anyone like that?
It's STTA.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment