Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Something To Think About Power & Temptation, 5/28 

While reading Millard Erickson's Theology.  I was reminded that just as God's power holds all creation together, Hispower likewise is the resource that enables the Christian--as in "me"--to endure temptation.     “No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13, NASB95)
I sit in my chair confident that the atoms will not suddenly quit holding hands depositing me unceremoniously on the floor, which except for God's providential conservation, also, wouldn't be there to catch me.  I need to muster the same confidence when I face temptation that God will, indeed, already has, made a way for me to resist.

It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment