Thursday, May 29, 2014

Weeds

 

Something
To
Think
About
Weeds &
God's glory,


5/29

I took a wake-up break from studying, the other day.  While strolling around outside for a few minutes I noticed some of the wild flowers growing out beyond the point where the guys mow.
Beautiful!

Which reminded me of my wife, so picked some and took them to her.
If the ground where I picked the flowers were being maintained as a lawn or a garden these plants would be considered weeds.  They sure are pretty weeds, though, and when I took them to my wife she thought them attractive enough to keep on the table on our deck, where we could enjoy them as we ate.
Just weeds.  Yet our creator invested them with such beauty.
While the flowering-weeds were on my mind, I was also thinking about Psalm 8--in particular verses 4-5. 
  
“What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him? Yet You have made him a little lower than God, And You crown him with glory and majesty!” (Psalm 8:4–5, NASB95)  

I guess the case could be made that I'm more weed than prize rose, yet God in His infinite lovingkindness invests in me.

It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment