Friday, February 6, 2015

Squeaky Wheels

My sweet wife had pointed out several times that the clothes-dryer was making noise.  She wasn't nagging.  It just takes a while to get my attention.  I received a "squeaky" email yesterday.  The noise had escalated to a metal on metal sound, so she concluded that the machine couldn't be used until it was fixed.  So when I left the office I put on my grubbies, got my tools and began to do what real men do--finally.

It kind of reminds me of an aptitude test I took back in high school.  "If wheel X is turning clockwise, which direction is wheel Y turning?
You could look around the room and see guys--it was almost all guys who took this test--drawing circles in the air.  In yesterday's case the squeaky wheel--it turned out to be a worn out Drum Support Roller--caused my wife to be sweetly insistent (You really didn't think I'd go there, did you?), which finally got the well-rusted, amateur appliance technician to turn a screwdriver.

As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel got the oil.  Knowing that this is only a temporary fix, the loud-mouthed wheel and its twin will soon be replaced.  Squeak too much and you get rejected.

OK, this could go in a lot of directions:
Perhaps you'll be amused to come up with a "moral to the story."  It will amuse me to hear your suggestions.
If you need inspiration click this link.


It's Something to Think (Squeak) About.

STTA

No comments:

Post a Comment