Friday, March 6, 2015

Slow to Learn . . .


"Don’t you understand even yet? Don’t you remember the 5,000 I fed with five loaves, and the baskets of leftovers you picked up? Or the 4,000 I fed with seven loaves, and the large baskets of leftovers you picked up? Why can’t you understand that I’m not talking about bread? So again I say, ‘Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.’ ” (Jesus from Matthew 16:9–11, NLT)  

I'll let you do your own work--and I hope you will--to get the context and flow of the words from our Lord quoted above.  It is clear, however, that there was a lesson from the past that these guys had failed to learn and/or apply.

     Living in the past is not good.
          Learning from the past is excellent.


Let's look back today and ask, "What has the Lord taught me yesterday that will help me today, and lead to a better tomorrow?"
As we walk with the Lord today, let's ask, what is the Lord teaching me, that I need to preserve, so I'll have it later.
Don't look back unless you have good reason.  Learning from past reasons is one very good justification for checking the rear-view mirror.

 
It's STTA

No comments:

Post a Comment