Friday, October 30, 2015

Time:

Something
To Think About
Time:



I'm at one of those points in life where I'm going through the transition from "I have plenty of time." to, "I'm not going to get everything done."
 I've been there before.  I know that minutes and hours are the same today as they were a short time ago.  Why do I have the sensation that they are flying by faster?
Psalm 90 is attributed to Moses.  He had forty or fifty more years to work with us than most of us have, yet he prayed,
"Teach us to number our days." 
I don't think the wise leader of Israel had in mind knowing how many days and minutes he would have.  That is certainly information that is not available to you or me.  Even predicting when folk with terminal diseases will die is an inexact science.  The fact is none of us know how much time we have.  We number something because it is precious.  Time certainly is that.  It is the stuff of life.  So let's join with Moses, and the Psalmist who recorded his prayer.  


Lord teach me to number my days.
May I consider what I'm doing with them.
May I ask what good will be left behind when my day is gone.
I want to use my time that is fleeting to invest in eternity, which is forever.
Thank You, Lord, for this time.  Help me to make the most of it.
AMEN

It's Something to Think About.

No comments:

Post a Comment