Monday, November 23, 2015

TIME

Something
To Think About
Time:

Just about every day when I look at social media or talk to those around me, I'll hear about something significant that has to do with the passage of time.  I just read about the birthday of a young lady.  We have been blessed to have her around for ten years.  I clearly remember when I prayed for her to be born in good health.  The network computers regularly remind me that it is some friend's birthday, or anniversary.  Holidays, and special times of remembrance remind us to look back X number of years ago.  What happened back then?  What have I learned?  Have I used the passage of time wisely?

Moses prayed,    “Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Let's allow ourselves to be infected with an "When this--then that." virus.
When we  see an announcement about a birthday, an anniversary, or a memorial of a significant event, let's ask, "What am I doing with the time the Lord has given me?"  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment