Monday, January 18, 2010

A Grand Departure, and the Even More Important Prelude:

Enoch is an interesting man--we meet him in Genesis 5. Though we know little about him, the bit that we are told only serves to raise the level of curiosity. Here is a bit of information about him that can easily converted into a riddle. Though Enoch's son, Methuselah was the oldest man ever, his father did not die before or during his lifetime.
Again, we aren't told much, but here is the bare information from Genesis 5:24, "Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him."

Apparently, Enoch went to heaven without ever passing through death. Enoch was not alone in this experience, and I believe that those believers alive at Christ's return will likewise be taken up alive--as Paul says, "We shall not all sleep."

Whether God takes me in death, or like Enoch, just takes me is up to Him. What is up to me is whether or not I walk with God. When the end comes, Lord, may I be found walking with you like Enoch. Help me to finish well.
It's Something To Think About, from the Covington Bible Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment