Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti:

Haiti is so near, yet so far away.
The Island of Hispaniola is just off our shore, yet as the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere and with its extremely volatile political situation Haiti is far removed from the stable, prosperous lives most of us in North America are accustomed to.
Right now our neighbors to the south are experiencing the horrors of an incredible natural disaster. A friend of a friend just reported that he and his family are camped outside, for fear that their house may collapse. A recent acquaintance of mine is, as far as I know, in Haiti. He works with the people who will be most affected by this earthquake.
Pray for the people of Haiti. Pray for those, like my friend who are there, seeking to be of help. I am sure that there will be opportunities for us to be of help in a material way. We ought to be ready to do so, through dependable channels. As those options are made known to me, I'll pass them on. Right now, join me in prayer.

Lord, we live in a world of pain--a world where Your Son was rejected and crucified. I confess I often don't understand, but I pray, today, for the people of Haiti, and especially for those who are reaching out with help. Amen

It's STTA.

BTW: We are posting Prayer Requests and Opportunities to Help about Haiti on our Facebook page. Covington Bible Church

No comments:

Post a Comment