Monday, January 25, 2010

Which is our blind side?

The Blind Side is a movie that challenges who we are and what we do with what we have. The story is about a very White, wealthy, Evangelical family and the Black teen who becomes part of their family. It's the true story of NFL offensive lineman Michael Oher, but, aside from football, the film is a great illustration of folk stepping outside of their comfort zone in order to make a difference in the life of another.
We might look at at the Tuohy family and say, "If I had a house like that, that kind of income, etc., etc., I'd do something like that for someone in need. I find in my own life, though, as in my observations of others, that if I'm not using what I have, I probably wouldn't do much with more.
Michael Oher found a home because a lady saw a boy walking in a cold rain wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and T-shirt. All around us are those feeling the foul-weather of this world. Can I help?
It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment