Monday, June 7, 2010

A Bride for Isaac and a Pony for Eliana:

I was privileged to listen in as a friend and associate was sharing from the Bible with his little girls. They are going through the book of Genesis. In addition to Genesis 24 being adult, or at least teenaged material, the story of Abraham's servant finding a bride for Isaac is long. My friend, rising to the challenge, pointed out the faith involved in the trusted servant's journey. He was flying blind. His dependence on God's guidance is evident. "I being in the way, the Lord led me." (24:27) In the same way that Abraham wanted to find a suitable wife for his son, and the family servant wanted to fulfill of role entrusted to him, Eliana had wanted a toy pony--one of those with a long mane that she could comb. My friend related the little girls prayer of faith about a desired toy to the old patriarch's trust in God for the provision of a daughter-in-law. God cares about both. My need is some where in between those two poles. God answered the old man and the little girl in His way, according to His plan. I'm glad I got to listen in. It encouraged me to make my requests known to God, with thanksgiving. (Philippians 4:6) It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment