Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Lovely Love Story:

One of the pleasures of spending time with people is being pleasantly surprised.  
I was visiting in the home of some older folk the other day.  They have been married for more than sixty years.  There was a box of candy, in a heart-shaped box sitting on a footstool in the living room.  A single rose on top of it.  It turns out that this gentleman has given his lovely wife a box of chocolate every year for Valentines day.  Hold that "Awww" for a moment.  She looked at me with a smile and told me that she had saved every box.  Now let's hear the "Awww" chorus.  You don't learn that kind of love-lesson from the very young.  You could look through that pile of boxes the way scientists examine the rings in a tree.  "This box was given on the year we had that major health issue."  "I received this one the year  _____ died."  " I didn't know if I would be able to buy one for you that year . . ."
Love endures.

To my lovely wife.  
You have told me not to buy you candy.  I do love you.  I love you sixty boxes worth.
Happy Valentines Day.



You can read about the greatest love here.

No comments:

Post a Comment