Sunday, February 12, 2012

WAIT

WAIT:

I don't like to wait, and I don't think I'm alone.

But, for those of us who believe that this world is not the end, there is is much to way for.  
Jesus said we ought to store up treasure in heaven.
To those who are in Christ the Apostle Paul says, "When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory."  (Col 3:4)
The Apostle John adds, "Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is."  (1 Jn 3:2)

Christians are sometimes ridiculed for looking for "Pie in the Sky."  I am going to have raisin pie, the kind like Granny used to make.

Psalm 94 is the final of the four Psalms, 10, 37, 73 and 94, that I've been talking about.  In all four the Psalm-writers see life in an upside-down situation.  The righteous on the bottom and the wicked on top stomping them down. In Psalm 10 the counsel is to pray.
David, in Psalm 37, encourages trust. 
Asaph tell us to decide to see things God's way in Psalm 73.
In Psalm 94 we see a song that we have often sung, "How long?"  we ask in plaintive tones.  We hear the difficult reply, "Wait."

As the Psalmist looked back it made sense for him to wait.

But the LORD has been my stronghold,  
And my God the rock of my refuge.
He has brought back their wickedness upon them
And will destroy them in their evil;  
        The LORD our God will destroy them. 
(Ps 94:22-23)

It makes sense for me too!



You'll find some resources that explains the true hope here.

No comments:

Post a Comment