Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Faithfulness Modeled:


I can't say I knew the man.  If I remember I shook his hand one time.  
I don't think, though, that I ever met anyone involved in any kind of ministry in the Evangelical realm who didn't know him.  From my perspective, Howard Hendricks appeared to model that trait I spoke of yesterday,faithfulness.  
There were so many books, videos and articles by Hendricks floating around, and his quotations continued to show up in the works of others so often, that we hardly realized that he had not been out and about for a while.  This obituary said he died after a battle with Alzheimers.  
I was never in one of His classes, but I learned from the "Prof."  
 
Lord, I'm thankful for the way You used Howard Hendricks in the life of so many.  Help me to live so I will leave something worthwhile behind.

It's STTA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment