Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Chief Virtue for a Steward


Faithfulness, doing what ought to be done, the way it should be done, when it ought to be done, all with a good attitude.   We expect financial advisers to exhibit this trait.  We entrust our fortunes to them.  We want teachers and school administrators to be faithful.  The lives of our children are entrusted to them.  When I entrust my health to a physician, I for sure want her to be faithful.
 
The Bible says that God entrusted great treasure to His people.  1 Peter 4:10 says that we should use the gifts God has given us--gifts that come from His manifold grace--as good stewards.  1 Corinthians says that the chief requirement of a steward is faithfulness.
Which brings up the question:
What am I doing with what God has given me?

It's STTA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment