Thursday, February 7, 2013

Get It All

Something To Think About

I visited a lady today who was hooked to a very impressive array of IVs.  In addition to these various antibiotics and other liquids that are going into her body, there are several lines that are drawing fluids out.  For a time her abdominal cavity was open and being irrigated by sterile fluid.
The reason for all this plumbing is an infection had taken up residence in this lady's body.  I identify with her situation.  A couple of years ago an infection got into a cut on my hand.  Since the injury involved a bone, the physicians made the assumption that the infection was in my bone.  They could have tested to be sure.  The problem is, in that kind of situation by the time the results of the test are in the infection would so widespread that it might lead to drastic results like amputation, or death.  So, I spent six weeks on IV antibiotics--"Gorilla-mycin" I called it.  It killls whatever is in its path.
In cases like these the idea is to kill it--all of it.  A little will cause big grief later on.  

Last Sunday I had the privilege of working through First
Overview of 1 John
John.  One of the things that is clear from the Apostle's words is that he doesn't want to leave any room for sin.  He wants it dealt with, all of it.


It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment