Tuesday, February 12, 2013

True Love at Valentine Time:

Something To Think About
SOMETHING 
TO THINK ABOUT
All over the country guys are asking, "What should I give my wife/girlfriend for Valentine's Day?  
Don't tell Kathy, but I don't know yet.
  
I just read that something like a billion "Valentines" will be given this year.  That's a lot of red hearts.  Of course what is really important is that one in a billion valentine gift that most of us will give and/or receive. 
 
The kind of relationship that the Bible holds up as the ideal between a woman and a man is one of supreme investment.  I'm not talking about just giving a card or buying some flowers or candy.  (Though that may be important guys.)  Here is the standard:
 
. . . love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her 26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God's word. He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.  In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies.  (Ephesians5:25-28)
 
Bottom line:
The question is not what will I give her on Valentine's Day, but am I prepared to give myself for her everyday.
 
It's STTA.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment