Saturday, July 4, 2015

STTA from 3/16/2015, Change

(In the flurry of activity after our transition weekend, 3/15, I never got around to posting this.  I post it now because it will help the next STTA make sense.)

My wife are were just blessed by wonderful weekend.
My Sixty-fifth birthday worked out to be the Sunday on which we finalized a pastoral leadership transition that has been underway for some time.  I stepped into the pulpit yesterday as co-pastor of Covington Bible Church.  I was the lead pastor of CBC for forty-one years.  It's really all I've ever done.  Since July of 2014 I've been in what I called the "Co-mode."  When I stepped down from the platform, yesterday, it was as associate pastor, now working under the leadership of Pastor Doug Williams.  Family gathered to recognize the occasion, and our church and friends were over the top with their kindness toward us.
My first task in my new role is a stint as adjunct instructor at Pacific Islands University.  In a more profound way than usual, "Today is the first day of the rest of my life.  It will be filled with packing, getting a car fixed, and other mundane tasks.
A lot has changed and is changing.  I'm going to take a break from Something to Think About.  If I had a staff, I'd have them send out "Best of STTA" for the next couple of weeks.  I don't have a staff, so, if you are really looking for STTA, you'll just have to do a search in your email archives, or use the link in the sign-off line to go to the blog-site where old STTAs go when they retire.  :)
I'll let you know where this goes.  Right now I have Somethings to Think About.
It's STTA

No comments:

Post a Comment