Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Look around. It's beautiful.

 

Something
To
Think
About,

BEAUTY:

I am privileged to live in an incredibly beautiful place on God's globe.  It is sad that so often I fail to look.  I took a bike ride in the country, yesterday, then my wife and I went to a local lake and sat on the mirror like surface and enjoyed supper.  The mountains around the water turned from green to black silhouettes, rimmed with the last golden light of day.  A flock of birds moving in amazing unison stretched across the sky like a huge ribbon in the wind, twisting, turning, vanishing, returning.  Then today I took a one hundred twenty mile round trip through the mountains and along a couple of streams.  The morning fog turned to blue skies, but patches of mist still clung to some of the ridges.
I don't always look at the beauty around me.  Sometimes I'm in a hurry so I rush by.  Other times I'm looking down so I won't stumble, or my focus is inward on my problems.  In the same way that the
"worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things" choke out the good seed of the Word of God before it bears fruit (Mark 4:19), carrying daily worries around--especially beyond their intended one day shelf-life--blinds one to the beauty of God's world.

I'm not your doctor, I'm just a guy who tries to write something worth thinking about from time to time, but here is my prescription:   
 
Take a minute, or two, or three, or a whole hour,
look around, and thank God for the beauty of the world.
In spite of the blight of sin, it is still wonderful to behold.
Then, with the wonder still in your heart, say,
"Thank You, Lord."
It's STTA.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment