Friday, September 4, 2015

This life is one transition after another.

 

Something
To
Think
About,

Transitions:

My wife and I are working through a transition from our "working years" to our next opportunity.  If you are interested you can read about it here.  Friends and loved ones have spoken encouragement into our lives.  Some express a bit of wonder that folk at "our age" would be seeking what is next, rather than resting on what is past.  There is nothing remarkable about asking, "How can I use what I have to God's glory?"  It's just what we ought to do.
The reality is, whether we realize it or not, we are all in transition.  My two lovely granddaughters, above, have entered a year of change.  It's Kendal's first year in a new school and Carrington's last year of High school.  A good friend of mine is forty years younger than me.  He is negotiating a passage from here to there that looks remarkably like mine.  His dad is fifteen years younger than me, and just about everything in his life has changed in the past few years.  Then there is another friend:  Whether it is now or down the line, he is looking at that ultimate transition.  We are all headed there.  As the old song says, "This world is not my home.  I'm just a passin' through."  
I just received this picture of my youngest grandchild.  She's not three yet.  She watched her big sisters get ready for, and head off to, school.  She's thoroughly convinced she is a big as they are so she got on her new school clothes to head off to her "school"--day-care class.  After that nothing is the same.

Not really.
There are some realities that are unchanging. Forty-five years ago, though I was on crutches at the time, I climbed a hill and took a seat on a log where I had an unimpeded view to the west.  I was going through a particularly difficult passage in my life.  I took great comfort in watching the sun set.  God had kept the sun and earth, and all the other planets and stars in working order since the day He created them.  
From little girls with new shoes, they can't tie yet, heading off to "school," to the old and grizzled on the threshold of eternity, life is a series of transitions.  If I'm with my little granddaughter when she is going through a particularly rough transition--and her life is filled withfirsts-- I'll hold her hand or even pick her up and carry her.  The reality for those of us who have an ongoing relationship with the Lord is that He has promised to be with us through all of life.
Hold onto that.
It's STTA.

 
On this page there are multiple options.  All of them point to how we can have an ongoing relationship with our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment