Friday, July 29, 2016

Pickles

Pickles:

I've been thinking about issuing a decree--if both my readers put it into action it will be a great start--that the extremists of the world simply need to change their religious beliefs.  Apparently such things can just be done.  But I've been pretty serious here at STTA for the past couple of days and feel the need to Lighten up.
 

So, I figure I'll talk about pickles.  I just made some.  If they are half as good as the ones I made last year, they'll be great.  They're refrigerator pickles--I'm not serious enough to make the real kind.  You put cucumbers in a jar, together with a bunch of other stuff that isn't fit to eat, let them sit on the counter for a couple of days, then in the frig for a couple of weeks, and voila!  Pickles.
Now, here is the sappy part that will cause my highly intellectual friends to roll their eyes.  That's just about what God is doing with you and me.
God is in control, and He didn't have to google a recipe.  The stuff He puts/allows in the jar is there for a reason.  My task is to be a good cucumber, and react to the stuff in my jar so that in the end it will make me better.

CAUTION:  It may take longer than two weeks.
 
I confess, some cucumbers were actually cut up and immersed in boiling brine to make this STTA, but they didn't complain. 
 
It’s STTA.
 
 
Over at one of my blogs you can find some serious thoughts on the "brine" around us.

You can read about the life-changing Good News  here.

No comments:

Post a Comment