Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Shocking Values

 


ARE YOU TOO
SHOCK-PROOF?

 I imagine you have gotten emails, or perhaps seen articles on TV about the "Shocking Values" in our world today.  I just saw one a little while ago.  Clearly the values of the Western world have declined to levels that should give us a jolt.  I fear, though, that way too many of us are like some old electricians I heard of some years ago.  The wire-benders had received so many shocks over the years that a mere hundred-and-ten volt circuit barely gave them a tingle.  They would show off, by sticking their finger in a light socket to test whether or not it was hot.  Not recommended in the electrical code book.

I see the syndrome all around me in the ethical, moral realm.  Way too many people have become way too unshockable.

OK, let me make a confession.
The article on shocking values was an advertisement for a Christmas sale at a discount store.  But I wasn't in the market for anything anyhow, so I figured . . .


 It's STTA.

         Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct?
         No, they have no shame at all;
         they do not even know how to blush. 

(Jeremiah 6:15a, NIV). 

No comments:

Post a Comment