Thursday, August 10, 2017

Finally, I'm Important Enough . . .





I'm Really kind of flattered.

I think the last time anybody threatened me with bodily harm was back when I was a freshman in high school. Since then I guess I've never been important enough to threaten. Until the other day, that is.
Kim Jong Un says he is going to incinerate me, or something like that. It may have lost something in translation. The Supreme Leader, the Chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, says he'll have a plan to bomb my home, by next week. Wow, from a nobody to somebody worth shooting with an ICBM. I'm really kind of flattered.

You may think I'm out of line to make light of Dennis Rodman's buddy and his bellicose ranting. I figure if God can laugh at this sort of bluster, it ought to be OK for me have a chuckle.
In spite of my humor, this is serious. My neighbors out here in the Pacific, where America's day begins, don't seem to be too worried. We are taking responsible action, which at this point isn't much, and we're trusting the Lord. Earlier today I posted some more serious thoughts on a blog I maintain. If you didn't already see the post you may want to click here.
A friend of mine who lives in South Korea mist of the time reminded me earlier today, that there is risk involved in living anywhere. Especially when we go to a place to do the Lord's work, we shouldn't be afraid. That courage does not come from knowing that nothing bad will happen. I can't know that, because I have no guarantee that it is true. I do know that my Lord has promised to never leave or forsake me. He told me to not fear him who can only kill the body, but to fear Him who can destroy body and soul (Matthew 10:28).

I don't figure I have much to fear from Mr. Kim, but I know that his oppression of the people of North Korea is great. I pray for them, and I encourage you to.

Wherever you are in this world, evil abounds. Sin and death reign. God's people have the message of peace. Instead of worrying about what the Korean dictator might fire at us, let's do all we can to send out the Good News.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment