Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Other Eclipses

Don't Let the Evil

 Eclipse the

Good

I was on the wrong side of the globe to see the eclipse today. I know some of my friends in North America enjoyed it. I figure somewhere across my great nation there is someone, who in spite of all warnings, stared at the eclipse without protection. I hope the damage is temporary.
Though I was thousands of miles away from the path of totality, my mind has been occupied with other eclipses, and the dangers inherent in them. I'll put my thoughts in simple prayer form.

 
 

 
Lord, don't let:
  • The trivial in my life, eclipse the important.
  • The irritation that comes with relationships, block the blessing from view.
  • The tendency to weariness, shade the light of victory that comes when we break through.
  • The darkness of sin, overcome the brilliance of holiness.
Lord, help to know, though my eyes are incapable of seeing Your Holiness, that it is still there. Someday the sin and fallen-ness that blocks it from view will be taken out of the way, and I will see your face.
Though it is dark now, let me know that measured by your clock it is only for a moment. May I wait patiently for Your light to shine.

Amen.

 
". . . we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is"
 (1 John 3:2, NLT).

     ". . . they will see His face"
(Revelation 22:4, NLT).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment