Friday, March 12, 2010

Getting Along:

A couple of recent conversations, and a whole lot of problems I see in various realms, remind me of both the difficulties, and benefits of getting along.
A friend told me that her job was being restructured so that she would work from home and telecommute. I thought this would be a great benefit. My friend has a number of home based interests, loves her husband, and, I was thinking, "that's a lot of saving on gas, and time." But my friend said, "No. I'm a people person." Choices made on a corporate level are impacting her in a very social way.
I talked to another friend. Some loved ones are making choices that impact other loved ones and my friend feels caught in the middle.
A ministry with which I am involved had to make some difficult decisions over the past couple of years. In large part those decisions have been made necessary by the actions of folk I don't even know, yet one result for me has been that I missed seeing a friend at a recent meeting.
Friendships, relationships, and partnerships are more like fabric than individual threads. Decisions made, and actions taken affect others some distance away. Sometimes they rebound and affect us in ways that are entirely unexpected.
There are many much more important reasons to do so, but if I can't come up with a better reason, I ought to get along with others, because it is good for me.
It's STTA.

(Consider what Paul had to say about the Body, 1 Corinthians 12:14-26.)

No comments:

Post a Comment