Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pointing the way, instead of being in the way:

We are working our way through the Gospel of Mark on Sunday mornings at CBC. The section that we looked at last week and the one I'm working on this week, Mark 2:1-13 & 14-17 make clear that often people who claim to be followers of God are a hindrance when it comes to encouraging others to follow Jesus. The four friends couldn't get their buddy who was in need to healing to the Lord because of all of those who thronged to hear Jesus. I wonder why they didn't make way. And, those who claimed to be right there, in regard to walking with the God, the Pharisees, were highly incensed that Jesus would have a meal with likes of Levi, and his tax-collector buddies. The concept that Jesus stated when He went to the home of another revenuer, Zaccheus--"The Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost"--just didn't make sense to them.
I fear there are many present day Christians who share their exclusive views.

I encourage you to look at Mark.
And you might want to join me in praying:
Lord, help me to point the way, not block it. Amen.

It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment