Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NEXT

I'm neck deep in the blessing of heritage.
As I type this, I'm upstairs in my son's house. He and my daughter-in-law are downstairs doing premarital counseling with a young couple who show every sign of being world-changers. In just a few weeks the young man is headed to a land that was closed to the gospel until just recently for a short-term ministry. I'm connecting the dots in my mind. The dots go back to times with a skinny kid,and beyond. They fade into the horizon, who knows where.
It's one of my granddaughters' birthday today. All of my grandchildren profess to love the Lord. The oldest of them displays a passion for the things of God that challenges me. They are growing up in homes where Joshua's words apply. "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
I just heard reports about a spiritual son and grandson who are serving the Lord. Like John, I take joy in knowing that they are "walking in truth" (2 John 4 & 3 John 3) and serving the Lord.
Another, with whom it has been my privilege to share life, is together with his family, on his way back to place where they are punching holes in the darkness,


I'm asking myself, "What will I do this year that will go beyond me?"
You?




It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment