Friday, March 16, 2012

God Isn't Lacking in Good Sense:

I recently wrote about the brief summaries that I try to come up with for my Junior High Sunday School class.  In that STTA I mentioned a one-word-er, "Hold!"
I thought I'd explore this a bit.  Here is another.
"God is not an idiot."  (I use that word not to refer to one who is unable to think clearly, but who doesn't, or even chooses to not, act in a clear thinking manner.) 
Certainly no Theist who takes her information from the scripture would ever claim that God acts in a manner that doesn't reflect clear thinking--not in so many words.  However many people claim practical, Divine contradictions that are signs of idiocy. 
  • I acknowledge that God tells me to do (you fill in the blank), but I claim I can't do it.  So, God Who made me, and knows me, Psalm 139, has given me a task to do without the corresponding ability to do it?  Doesn't sound like clear thinking to me.
  • God has given clear guidelines for living--actually "guideline" is to soft a word--yet I see my situation which clearly falls under the purview of one of God's laws, as utterly unique (Check this out.) and therefore God's law and the associated consequences don't apply to me.  
    It makes the God of the universe look like a despotic and idiotic office-manager who writes grandiose sounding policies that don't apply in the real world.
God is not an idiot.  He did think this through.  It may be hard, but you can obey, and obedience is clearly what is best.

It's something we ought to learn by Junior High.


No comments:

Post a Comment