Wednesday, July 25, 2012

fifty shades of ???


Go to a hotel and you find the little bars of soap in the bathroom and a Gideon Bible in the drawer of the bedside table.  The Gideons are a faithful group of men who believe that the Bible is a powerful book.  If you put it where people in need can find it, lives will be changed.     

Obviously, some people, some hotel owners among them, don't see the value of the Word of God.  Who & where isn't important, but I just heard of one hotel owner who decided to replace the Bibles with a book that people "would be interested in reading," so in his hotel you find a copy of Fifty Shades of Gray.
OK, this is where I, a good, Bible-believing preacher, should show some outrage, right?  I kind of find it hard to work much up.  It's not that I don't believe in the life-changing power of the Bible.  I fervently do, and have spent my life trying to help others get into, understand, and apply the teachings of the Bible.  Why, though, should my outrage be directed at a business man who doesn't share my faith in the Book and the God of the Book?  I find myself far more upset at myself, and others like me, who claim to believe that the God of the Universe has communicated with people in the pages of that Book, and yet so often fail to make the message known.  
Personally, I think the hotel manager made a bad decision, but I ought to be much more concerned about what I do with the opportunities God gives me today.

It's STTA
  


No comments:

Post a Comment